• Salutation: This could be Dear So-and-So, or it could be Happy Birthday So-and-So!
• Happy Birthday! (Unless included in salutation)
• Reference your reason for the gift, and your hope that they enjoy it
• Your wishes for their special day
• Closing (Sincerely, Love, All the Best)
Here are a couple of examples of good birthday gift messages for guys and gals:
I know you like to host poker night, so hopefully this poker set will come in handy. Have a terrific birthday!
All the Best,
Happy Birthday Tabitha!
I know you like to travel, so I got you this cute tote to help carry your travel necessities in style. Have a fabulous birthday full of fun and laughter!
Birthday gifts can also be a difficult find. When you aren’t too personal with the birthday girl or guy, you might not know much about their interests or hobbies. General gifts like gift baskets or wine sets are perfect in these cases, as most everyone enjoys a nice bottle of wine or a basket full of snacks or sweets. I referenced poker sets and totes above, which are both great generic gifts. Arttowngifts.com offers personalized poker sets and totes, so you can add their name or initial, which is also a fun way to put some thought into a simple gift.